Well, I started a firestorm with my Facebook post about EDC this past Friday June 20, 2014:

My continuing rant about #EDC is as follows: For those of you not aware of what EDC or Electric Daisy Carnival is, it’s an annual electronic dance music festival nightmare held multiple times a year in different locations around the world, Including Las Vegas. Over 350,000, they say, will descend upon Las Vegas tonight at sundown until Sunday as if it’s the second coming of JC himself. As wonderful as it sounds for our economy, it won’t be what you think. These people don’t gamble, shop, eat at fine dining establishments, or go to shows, etc and so on. The average age is 17 and for the most part they will get drunk and get high and discard that investment in various receptacles across the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Basically, most revelers groupie from one locale to the next and most likely just saw the performers 3 months ago playing the same droning, monotonous tracks. I refer to it as Electronic Deviant Crap. So why Vegas? We already showcase these DJ’s week in and week out as we are the number one nightlife destination in the world. Nowhere in the world are DJ’s held in higher regard than they are in Vegas. Just look at the numerous billboards, hotel marquees and resort facades. So why Vegas? Did Bakersfield say no?


I received mostly great responses, however, there are a couple a things I wanted to clear up. I noticed from some of the more negative comments that a lot of people don't know my background or anything about me really, yet chose to assume they did. So.... read this: Jodie Rocco Rocks Vegas blasting EDC and why it’s bad for business. It's short and sweet and very informative. Like me... ; )


Comments

Popular Posts