When I heard that Suzanne Somers was going to open her show at Westgate Resort Las Vegas I thought, who in their right mind would start a residency in Las Vegas, of all places, at 68? And why?? Granted, she was just on Dancing With The Stars and she has written a couple of huge best sellers and she is a regular guest on The O'Reilly Factor; (love Bill), but can she carry a whole show? The answer is YES. She can!




Her show was very entertaining and reminiscent of old Vegas meaning, very little props, real musicians and a microphone in the "on" position. Not very common in our city these days. She connected with the audience by sharing nuances of her life and career. Brought back so many memories of her TV shows and USO tours because I was living in Germany at the time and that was a base stop on the way to destinations unknown. 



She sang mostly standards taken from The Great American Songbook. Some I knew, some I didn't. But that didn't really matter. Her voice was clear and her presence ethereal. Plus, it's hard to miss those legs! Her band consisted of just 5 members but the sound was full and they were excellent! I especially liked the sax player who occasionally was spotlighted. I have an affinity to the sound of a saxophone as my father played sax in the Army band and I grew up listening to him practice and play.

Suzanne never skipped a beat even changing, effortlessly I might add, on stage. She looked great, I LOVED the last gown, and I could tell she was at home and in her element.


The only grumble I have is there were no photo ops after the show. So, I took the above photo's and this one.....



If you want to see a real Las Vegas show with a very talented star and cast, see Suzanne Sizzles. You Heard Me!!

BUY TICKETS


Follow Me!!


















Comments

Popular Posts